Since 2006, we've led the effort to increase fire safety at colleges and universities across the United States. We're at the forefront of fire safety: advocacy, awareness, community activism, and education.
The Friends of Rigby Foundation was formed in October 2006 two years after the death of our namesake, Daniel H. Rigby. Danny passed away in an off-campus house fire his senior year at Georgetown University in Washington, DC. The Foundation provides financial and organizational support to students, parents, and administrators. We accomplish these lofty goals through events and outreach such as door to door fire safety campaigns with the Red Cross, installing equipment and speaking with residents about how they can improve their day-to-day safety.
- Distributed $70,000+ / 18,000 fire safety equipment items & educational materials
- Donated $20,000 towards scholarships at both Bergen Catholic H.S. & Georgetown University
- Top 5 Financial Aid Fund at Bergen Catholic High School: $150,000+
- Provided $15,000 to Point Breeze Fire Department for new fire safety equipment in the wake of Hurricane Sandy
- Presented the Certificate of Congressional Recognition by Congressman Steve Rothman
- McDonough School of Business Classroom, Georgetown University
- NJ Blood Services Donor Bus
- Copley Lawn Flagpole, Georgetown University
- River Edge Little League Field, River Edge, NJ